It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-12-02

Tank Silencer
I'm not sure what this thing really is.
Tank Silencer
My buddy Rob found the "tank" here. I've found this image in a couple of places. No one seems to know what purpose the cylinder performs. If it is some sort of test device, why paint it camouflage? It has me stumped. Those little brackets on the top of each section of cylinder must be crane mounts. I can't explain it, but it just looks like those things are full of compressed air, like inner-tubes. If that were the case, the metal structure would not look so stout.


Strange that it looks slightly like a fallous! Maybe it's a pun about the army playing with their weapons?



Here's another photo that's doing the rounds on the internet. It's captioned 'Tank Silencer'. I have no idea what this device is actually used for, but somehow I don't think it's a tank silencer. So this would be a case of 'real picture, false caption.'


Some one please find this thing out there and let me know WTF!! it is.

No comments: