It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-12-17

Friday Evening
I took the day off. It has been a blast so far. I slept until 1:00 and then chatted with some friends at work. They had a little Christmas party today. Frankly, I'm glad I missed it. It is the same people bringing the same food and saying the same thing. Every year, it is the same thing. Oh well, moral is so low in my department that no one really notices the attempts any more.
I polished off the last of the cookies that I made yesterday evening. Man, those were good. It is more the fact that I made them than the actual taste. You know how it is. Cynthia mentioned wanting her own apartment (place). I mentioned that the first peanut and jelly sandwich you fix tastes better than any you have ever had before in your life. It isn't the sandwich. It is the fact that you made yourself a PB&J in your place.
I had left over boxes from the computer. I packed them all up in a pile and drug them to the dumpster. One the way back, I took a long side trip to the local quick mart for some soft drinks and sweet tarts. When I got there, there was some girl about thirteen trying to buy cigarets. The oriental lady behind the counter would have nothing of it. She told the kids (the thirteen year old and her buddy) to take it outside. While they were walking out the door, they ran into some one they knew. Not two seconds of conversation later and the guy (maybe 18) was in buying the same brand of cigarets the girls wanted. The lady behind the counter gave him some crap, but eventually made him swipe his ID. Not only that, but his debt card was rejected. Now, I'm standing in line with two 2 liter bottles digging holes in my fingers. Ah, children. Must you affect my world?
I had a friend come over and pick up some data DVDs that I burned for her. She worked today like every one else in the world. She told me that her bank services all the ATMs at once on Friday afternoon. She had to buy something at the store to get cash. Her hubby called during the visit to clarify what was needed to cook dinner. I also got an invite for dinner tomorrow (pot roast, mmm mm m). This is the same person who's two year old I played with the other day. It promises to be fun.
Right now, I'm watching a movie I've seen 15 times. It is animated and involves super heroes.

No comments: