It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-17

Oil for Food
I remember people complaining about Iraq getting money for oil during the embargo. Now they are after a French bank, among many others, for laundering money for Iraq under the cloak of humanitarian aid. This really makes me sick. I knew it was a mistake letting Iraq export any oil. It sounds like more money went into the hands of Saddam and Al Quida than the Iraqi people. I blame the bleeding heart liberals in both the U. S. and Europe.

Unusually High Volume
Every time I call the help desk at my office, I get "all agents are busy" and a note about how some exchange server has crashed. It is always an exchange server. Our company runs on email. If something happened to email the U. S. economy would collapse. Anyway, I have to call in and up the priority on the ticket to fix the server. They hate that. I've had a license server with problems since yesterday and I cannot get any help from them. We call it 1-800-No-Help. I had to listen to crappy light rock and the same help messages over and over and over and over. There was a company that had interesting random facts on their hold lines. People griped when they got a human because they were waiting for the answers to the trivia.

400GB
Nice. I've sworn my next computer will have 2 gigabyte of ram and as much hard drive space as I can stuff in the box. Of course, I've also said I'm going to get one of those portable desktops. The truth is, I may not buy another box like I have before. I may stick to portable computers and left over / second hand desktops for servers.

Telling Picture
Iraq Sniperhttp://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041117/481/bag10511171110
Things that jumped out at me with this photo.
  • They are only waring kneepads on their right knees.
  • The guy on the right is a sniper. That is a semi-auto sniper rifle with a specialized scope.
  • The sniper is waring elbow pads as well.
  • The Hummer is armored. Look at the doors (that louver look on the back door) and the thickness of the roof panel.
  • The little tower just behind the sniper's head is the snorkel kit for the Hummer. Which means, it can drive through waist deep water (up to the windshield) without too much trouble.

No comments: