It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-13

MP3 Player
I just ordered an MP3 player. This one does all the things I wanted a couple of weeks ago. Some new parameters have come up. While doing research, I figured out that many of the next generation media players will play videos and, perhaps, play satellite radio. Now, if they also had built in phones and did what some of the palm and other devices do, then they would be the ultimate hand held device.
I've compiled a list of features that i want in my next all-in-one personal communications/media device.
  • Full featured mobile phone that actually works.
  • Net surfing.
  • Address book and personnel data retention.
  • Play media including audio video and whatever new stuff pops up.
  • Receive all forms of TV and radio  transmission including satellite.
  • Interface with existing computer networks.
  • Allow easy fast friendly input through voice tactile and motion sensors.
  • Talk to me if I desire so I can do other things wile using it.
  • Hold computer information I may need (external drive).
  • Take high resolution images and video.
  • Communicate wirelessly with other similar devices and hubs.
  • Play games (including online and over the wireless network).
  • Have a power source that lasts weeks on a charge.
  • Have a Lo-Jack type system and be secure enough for every day use.
  • Fit in my pocket and be both shock and water proof.
This isn't too much to ask, I'm sure. This list keeps growing. I'm quite sure you will get another idea from me in the weeks to come. As I look at my phone, palm and this new MP3 player, I will note all failings and revise my requirements. Any one have suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

needs to be slimline and curved to strap to your wrist. no more faulty holders or clips. get a phone call, your arm vibrates, raise your sleeve and answer via speaker phone or via a wireless fm headset. screen saver mode will need to be set to a clock display, since wearing a watch would be too much for the wrist to hold, but then again, no longer necesary.