It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-02

Gmail
There are two serious limitations to Gmail that are really making me reconsider using it.
1) To delete an attachment you must delete an entire conversation. If some dumb-ass replys to a long list of emails and attaches a four megabyte attachment I cannot remove the attachment without deleting the entire conversation.
2) HTML tags. I'm finding more and more that I need some form of formating that allows links and simple things like bold and italics in my emails. I've just become used to using them

Voting
I voted last Friday and I had to wait in line. I never voted before. I live in Texas. Lets face it, this is not a swing state. I'm listening to BBC 5 Live and they are covering the election. It is very interesting to listen to a foreign journalist explain the system we have in the U. S.. Voter registration is done by state here and the country on the whole there. While listening to the BBC talk about America, I realize how diverse this country is, both by region and from neighbor to neighbor. That fact makes me feel pretty good.
At lunch today the discussion was not who will win, but will we know the answer tonight. I hate to say it, but I know some people who would vote for a torque wrench if it were put up against Bush. I wonder if that is how Hitler won the general election. I have never done the homework to find out if Hitler was just running against some one unpopular. That is a scary thought.
I hear there are special funds the parties want people to contribute too specifically for the lawsuits we all know are coming. That is sad.

No comments: