It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-07

Dungeons and Dragons
We played DnD again yesterday. Some of our player friends were not there. We had fun to be sure, but it wasn't the same group. The more business like group was there.
I missed Chris' left turns. He likes to play party-line characters, but he is so innovative so as to appear chaotic. He really is the mad scientist of the group.
I miss the whorl-wind that surrounds Sarah's character and her world. She reminds me of the torrent that runs through my head. Always turning and jutting off in it's own direction.
I miss Ken. Ken is the brain. He is the adviser behind the king.
The ones who showed all have their traits that make them unique.
Ethan is a Force Recon, soldier of all duties.
Brian is the chaotic entity, who always ends up fighting for the better of the group.
Alexis is the loner. She causes trouble for the group, or is it adventure? We wouldn't have it any other way.
Bryan is the essence of order and lawful acts. He is far to good at playing the "for us or against us", but it makes the game interesting.
Adam is insane. He is the perfect chaotic universe to play the Dungeon Master.
I, well, I am the watcher. I play fighters who tag along and only do what they must. I observe, and enjoy the ride.
I haven't come up with anything new. I bet all of these people have said these things about themselves at some point during play.

Party
I have this reoccurring dream. It is not identical every time. It is similar though. I'm at a party and I'm flirting with a pretty girl. Then a wave as tall as a house rushes over us. The water tastes of salt. The sensation of tumbling and choking on the cold water follow screams of drowning people and dimming lights choked out. I feel myself hit something soft and slippery. The water begins to recede away from me. I open my eyes. Then the most amazing thing happens. I keep dreaming for a moment. I look around my room and in some direction, not down, the water recedes away from me. The cold slippery mud I'm covered in turns to my warm covers. The room slowly appears as a wall of rippling murk slithers away.
The terror that occurs in this dream only touches the surface. I've had it so many times I know it is coming and I've trained myself to relax. I only wish I could save the girl.

No comments: