It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-12

Arafat's Funeral
I'm listening to the funeral of Arafat on the BBC. Live commentary is broken only by gunfire from the crowd. People are standing around shooting AK-47s in the air in celebration. The militants are running around in jackets and those table cloth head scarves Arafat liked so much. The helicopters circled a couple of times before landing. I bet they didn't like the look of the crowd. The body is stuck on one of the helicopters. The crowd rushed up and surrounded the landing zone.
The commentator is ducking. It's terrible. I can hear him duck when automatic fire cracks off near him. He describes the people around him as jubilant. They don't seem to care about the gunfire all around them.
The car is having to plow through the crowd to get to the aircraft. It has to push people out of the way. The commentator is still surrounded by automatic weapons fire. People are trying to touch the coffin. The people carrying the coffin are being blocked by the crowd. People are climbing on top of the coffin. The Egyptian helicopters are unable to take off for several minutes. The commentator calls the situation chaos. He has lost sight of the coffin. There are ambulances trying to make their way in the compound.
There are comments coming into the news studio saying the Ayatollah's funeral was like this.

Dear Dogbert
A friend of mine sent me this in email. I can't find the original link on Dilbert. (I didn't look very hard.)

Dear Dogbert,

Lots of people write blogs, but I've never heard of anyone who actually reads them. What's up with that?

Kurt


Dear Skirt,

Blogs exist to fill the important market niche of writing that is so dull that your eyes will burrow out of the back of your head to escape. People do read blogs, usually by accident, sometimes on a dare, but those readers are later mistaken for Mafia victims with what appears to be two holes in the back of their heads. On closer inspection, you might find their eyeballs clinging to the drapes directly behind them. Unless the cat gets them first.

Sincerely,

Dogbert

Next Topic
The golden rule. The one with the gold makes the rules.
Law of supply and demand. The one with all the supply, can demand whatever the fuck they want.

Time Tracking
I've had a requested to track my time at work. I complained about it in an earlier post. I'm looking at my Outlook calender. It is amazing how many things double up on my time. I have multiple entries for several swaths of time throughout my week. I feel like Hermione Granger in book three.  Who says there is no such thing as time travel.
Last year I had a person schedule a meeting for several Fridays in a row on something that was complicated and involved thought. I have since scheduled an LMA meeting every Friday for the last hour of the day in my Outlook calender. (LMA: Leave Me Alone)  I think I need to do the same thing for the first hour of Monday. I've heard of some one scheduling early morning meetings on Monday.
That is still not as bad as a buddy's wife who has to call in at 2:00 AM because the meetings are in Europe. Screw that.

Song
Artist: Lush [ Search RP ]
Song: Undertow
Album: Split [ Search RP ]

No comments: