It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-02-02

Human Shield
I'm listening to the BBC five live. This
guy went to Iraq to be a human shield. He became disillusioned when the Iraq government insisted he be a human shield in front of a power station instead of a hospital or orphanage like he wanted. Go figure. He then goes to Israel where he is shot to death by an Israeli solder while doing something in front of a building full of children. Others were shot in the same area that day. This guy lived for weeks and his family ad to pull the plug. All in all it sounds like a horrible situation.
Part of me wants to say "Those are war zones. What did you expect?" That is unfair.

A friend of mine
A friend of mine named Saline ran with me for a little while in the eighties. We never found ourselves. She went into the army and for many years lived in Germany working as a diesel mechanic for the U.S. there. She blew out her knees and the army wouldn't let her do anything. She couldn't even do jumping jacks. They would not give her a medical discharge and when her time was nearly up, they asked her to re-up. Our tax dollars at work.
After the military, she moved to Ireland. There she met a guy and they ended up moving to New Zealand. They have two beautiful children. She was told at an early age she would not be able to have children. She has an old soul. I wish she would write.

Blog
My blog will move soon. I intend to move it to my server at some point. I'll leave a link here and I'll send out an email. Meanwhile, you have the correct link.

No comments: