It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-02-20

Homosexuality
I'm reading about the
same-sex marriage thing and noticed all the pictures the news agencies I frequent show two women with big smiles on their faces holding hands or one kissing the other's had. That wouldn't go over as well if it were men on the cover I bet. People don't seem to have the same hang-up over female homosexuality. Maybe that is just my observation. I did hear a line in "Chasing Amy" that attested the same thought. That movie was written by a guy though, so perhaps I'm suffering from gender prejudice.
I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other on the subject of gay marriage or same-sex marriage. I don't care if people have the right to marry German shepherds. I don't believe in sanctity of marriage. I think it should be very difficult to get married. When I got a divorce, it took sixty days for everything to clear. This is a cool down period. People should have to wait a year to get married.
Apple computer was going to move a plant to North of Houston in the early nineties I believe. The computer company ended up moving to Canada because Texas outlaws (or at least did then) the extension of company and insurance rights to partners, regardless of sex.
I can't stand either side of the argument. It pisses me off that there is an argument. Live and let live. Who are the zealots telling people who they can love? Who are these liberal anti-family freaks who want to flaunt their lifestyle in my face. Go away, all of you.

No comments: