It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-02-27

Cost Center
It is funny how people take advantage of something when they don't have to pay for it directly themselves. At my day job I have a cost center for certain programming I do. There is one guy who thinks this means he can tell me he needs all these changes to vendor supplied stuff. For some reason he thinks his way is much better than the vendor's way. I have to modify some one else program to make him happy. I swear he just wants to make it his creation, by telling me to make a bunch of changes. He is supposed to retire this year. I wish he would hurry up and disappear.
/P>

Note to self
I gripe too much in this blog.<

DND
Well, my friends are playing DND this weekend and I'm not going to attend. It is going to kill me. You know, it isn't the DND I miss, it is the people and interaction. When I imagine playing, the characters and story don't come to mind. I find myself thinking about talking and laughing with my friends. Maybe I wasn't after the right thing in the first place. I don't have the desire to read the books. I don't feel a need to understand all the rules. I would rather write web page than a character. For the last several sessions, I have created simple characters to minimize the time and effort I had to put into DND. I never really read up on rules. I have always enjoyed playing though. I'll miss the fun at the gaming sessions. That isn't what it is all about though. If I want to spend time with friends, I need to participate in activities for that purpose.
Some one mentioned they liked my description of what was going on in the last game. That was fun actually. I have considered acting as a sort of stenographer and not participating in the game at all. I don't know if I could keep up the creativity over a whole session. Who cares, I would be there for the fun anyway. That is something to think about.



No comments: