It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-01-11

xzoom
I was trying to get this program to work on Linux called xzoom. It is a bit like the magn9fyer in Windows. It comes in compressed file that only contains the code and some notes. The code is old and has dozens of dependancies (other programs that need to be there first). I mess with it. And mess with it. And mess with it. I ask some one else who has more experience to mess with it. Always with the errors. It never works. That is bad enough, but now I have a problem on the machine I was using to try it out. The fonts aren't working correctly in X-windows. X-windows is the user interface part of Linux. It is the programs that you see running in the graphical user interface. Anyway. A lousy font will not load correctly and the whole X-windows environment takes a massive dump every time I try to load. Sometimes Linux sucks. One cool thing is the Linux system will still let me telnet in and grab my files before I re-stage. Sometimes Linux doesn't suck.
What does suck is I am trying to get G-Forge up and running. I am out a web server for the time being. I'm out a test machine. I need another box for testing. I'm not paying for MS Windows if I'm not going to use it. Try to go to CompUSA and buy a made machine without an operating system on it. Something told me this weekend was going to be a disaster as far as productivity. Computers are still too expensive to just say “send me one”.

No comments: