It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-01-20

Currency blocking in software
There have been
articles about blocking the image of currency from software like Photoshop for years. It is a reality. Photoshop will not open a file that is of US currency. I believe it acts the same way with the Euro. Some speculate scanners and CD burners are next. I say, why stop there. Cyber space could be scanned on the fly (thank you TMS) for images of currency. Of course, there is a down side to all of this. If digital cameras are high enough resolution to make nice copies of currency, then they too must be able to pull the images from the ether and quash them. This means, if I want to rob a bank in a couple of years, I should tape a dollar bill to my forehead and the cameras will fail to capture my features.
That may sound a bit outlandish, It is just plane censorship. As the article linked above discuses, fair use is also stopped by the modified software. How long will it be before television and movies cannot show money changing hands.

No comments: