It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-05-14

Working at Home and Politics
I've always said I would like to work from home. I would be more productive I bet. I heard a study that says people who work at home get lower evaluations from their superiors and have more family conflicts. I'm incline to believe it.It also said these poor saps work more hours for no pay. They are more productive, but no one sees it. I remember a study about Japan that said Japanese executive types worked more hours, but weren't any more productive than their American counterparts. The study found that Japanese execs stayed longer to look better to their boss. I'm incline to believe that too.
I've always gotten upset that the American democracy is just a popularity contest. I remember a survey done in the 1992 presidential race that asked some telling questions. One question was "Who would your rather have a date with?" Clinton won this one hands down. Another question was "Who would you rather baby-sit your kids?" Bush won this one, again, hands down. I think this says allot about our choice in politics. People just vote on emotions. We need more Vulcans in our political system.

No comments: