It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-05-17

Internet Radio
I was just listening to
BBC Radio One (channel 1) and they promoted a band from Austin. The DJ bragged about catching this band in Austin a couple of weeks ago. I didn't catch the name of the band. "Grandfather" or something like that. They were the alternative-light sound I've heard come out of Austin lately. It wasn't even that great in my opinion. There is so much better music in Texas. I just think that's great. I love it when I catch a local (Austin is considered a suburb of Houston by Houstonians (not really, but I'll take what I can get)) on international news and music sites. The DJ spoke of Austin like he pops in on the weekends. The program on the BBC is called "Air - Music from Scotland and beyond".

Good Song
This is the "Nobody Loves Me" song I like.
Artist: Portishead
Song: Sour Times
CD: Dummy
I've tried to find this song, but half of all songs ever written have the words “loves me” in it. Half of those are “Nobody loves me”. It is absolutely nuts. Well, I heard it on radio paradise and ran down their music list. Go online radio.
The funny thing is, I don't remember why this song means something to me. It must have been over a woman. This song has that haunting loneliness dripping from every note. It's too bad I don't have a working CD player. I'd order music.

No comments: