It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-05-03

Ducks at Work
I just shared a moment with a duck out behind my place of work. We have a little lake out there I think I've mentioned it before. I eat lunch out there when the mosquitoes permit. I was walking back to the building I heard quacking. There were two ducks waddling up the bank. I squatted down and just staid there to watch. One of the ducks came right up to me and just looked at me. We were arms length apart. It seemed like a we sat there for a while. It's funny the places you remember God.

Light and the Expanding Universe
They say the universe is expanding. I don't think so. The only evidence I've heard to support this theory is the fact that the further something is away, the more stretched the light wave is (making it more toward the red side of the spectrum). No one can point to other evidence. In the fifty years of knowing this fact, has anything gotten further away? I have a couple of ideas on the subject.
I think light is affected by gravity in such a way as to stretch out it's wavelength. We know light's path is bent by gravity. Light could be affected by gravity from it's source (a big sun somewhere) and it's destination (earth, a planet) both of which may be pulling on the light wave and stretching it over the years of it's travel.
Light may have a half-life and deteriorate over distance and time. We perceive this as a lengthening of the wave (more red color).
Scientists are just a bunch of nerds with degrees. You know what I think of degrees.

DND
Its that time again. It's the day before we play and I haven't rolled up my new characters yet. since I died so quick;y last time due to ,y boycott of game points, I will bring several characters this time. I'm thinking two barbarians, a cleric fighter, and some kind of archer. If nothing else, I'll get to try out some different characters. I don't plan on living very long. It should be a hoot regardless.

Thumb drive
My EZ Drive let me down Thursday evening. It HAD PC-Jen and some characters saved on it, but the drive was blank when I tried to access it. I keep it in my backpack. I suppose it got knocked around too much. Drag! Now I know is is not highly reliable. No huge loss yet.

No comments: