It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2020-09-11

9/11 + 19

It has been 19 years and I still get freaked out. All the memories come back. I feel sick all day.

I was having a meeting in my office at Dow. People were making all kinds of noise on my end of the line. Then people started making all kinds of noise on the other end of the line. The other end of the line was in Midland Michigan I believe. I was in Houston. I wondered out of my office and people told me that something had happened. I tried to get to the CNN TV we had in the front lounge, but there were about 100 people in a room designed for maybe 15.

At some point people found out that down town Houston was being evacuated and we were told to go home. It isn't like anyone was going to get any work done anyway. I went home and watched the news until I decided to stop and go to bed.

The closest that anyone I know came to being hurt in the original attack was the cousin of one of my coworkers. He was in one of the towers working for an accounting company. He and another person had been working all weekend on a task and finished up that Monday. Their boss told them both to take Tuesday (9/11) off to recover. He had his phone turned off and slept through the whole thing. He got up after noon, he and the other person were the only survivors from their entire company of more than 50 people.

No comments: