It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-10

Notes:

At work, we are going through efforts to restore some old files from backup. It is certainly possible, but the software makes it a pain in the ass when it really doesn't need to be so. For example, you need every single file listed in an index before you can even look at what files you have. It takes an age to find out you are missing one little file that is just on the next or previous drive in the series. It would be great if you could tell it to shut up and show me what you have, or rebuild the index without needing an act of Congress. Way more trouble than it should be.

The average price of gas has gone up 30% in the last month. It is higher this year than the same time last year.

Rush had an interesting idea. The Democratic party is trying to turn the U. S. government in to that missing husband and father that so many communities and families lack. The Democratic part seems to want people dependant on the government that this sounds like a fair point.

Half the poles say Obama is several points in the lead. The other half say Romney is in the lead. It all depends on who you are listening to at the moment. I don't get it. Someone needs to figure out and report how these places are so bias. I've heard some stories that describe how questions can be manipulated, location, time of day, method of communication and any of a hundred factors can affect the outcome of surveys.

There is no way to tell what tomorrow will bring beyond our hopes and dreams.

2012-08-10

I'm burning through podcasts. That is, I start listening to them and then they fade away. It is called pod-fade. I have fewer podcasts now than a year ago. So many just suck.

On this blog, I've stated that I don't like saxophone music. For the most part, I don't. However, I just heard a base sax used in place of a base guitar on a podcast and that was great. Maybe I just don't like saxophones used as the focus of music.

This morning, I looked up some replacement SSD drives for laptops. The prices on these things has really come down. I found several 128G SSD drives for SATA II and III at $100. SATA II is a bit more expensive than SATA III it seems. I suppose fewer companies are manufacturing SATA II drives these days.

I remember a time when I had to think about thins I wanted to do on a computer before sitting down and doing anything. There was no internet or really entertainment available on computers. The entertainment was making the computer do something that it was really supposed to do without much effort. I wondered at the time if programmers were really sadistic.

There was a guy in the parking garage walking around in a circle on the top floor. He was out there for exorcize I'm sure. I was vlogging. I just vlogged with him around. I ignored him as best I could. If you share the space you share the crazy. He came around even after I vlogged so he was not scared off.

There are some really dirty politics going on this year. The campaigns are out for blood. At least the fight will be interesting, if completely bogus. Both people who are in the top spots are basically identical on what they will do once elected. Well, they are not that far off anyway. I firmly believe neither of them will get anything constructive for the U. S., her citizens, or the world done. It turns out democracy is very expensive entertainment.

I miss having summers off.

No comments: