It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-05

Very Local News

  • You know, it kind of pisses me off that Google has no Chrome browser for Linux yet. "Oh, we promise to come out with a browser for Mac and Linux someday. Really. Right now we want to latch on to the low fruit. "
  • I heard a country and western song this morning about a woman who was planning on pulling a shot gun on her boyfriend because he smacked her around. It reminded me a bit of gangster rap.
  • One of the guys at work is getting rid of a foosball table. He sent some pictures along. The table looks brand new. One of his children was in one of the pictures. I'm thinking how sad it is that he is giving up something that he obviously enjoyed at some point. Such is life.
  • I still hate "Red Red Wine". I had a girlfriend who loved that song. I just can't stand it and I don't even know why. It just makes me ill every time I hear it. I like red wine. This song inspired me to write a script to filter songs I do not like.
  • Nat and my anniversary is coming up. November 6. I wonder what Nat would like to do to calibrate.
  • One of the songs I listen to at work occasionally was done by Stevy Ray Vaughn and B. B. King. They were a hell of a pare.
  • NPR interviewed a guy who wrote a book about manic depression. This guy had the disease. His mother had problems with anxiety and his father took several tries to get him committed because he could hold it together for an hour at a time in front of the authorities. The show was depressing <straight faced>
  • The podcast after that was about a guy helping disabled kids in Hatti. That's great, but Jesus it was hard to listen to.
  • You are looking through 40 times as much air at the horizon as you are looking straight up.

No comments: