It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-10

Very Local News

MagLite

I found a really cool chart that compared the light output of MagLites from Krypton bulbs to LED (2 through 4 cell). It was awesome. I really should have kept the link. I was just feeling lazy at that particular moment and didn't follow through. This kind of thing is killing me. I used to have a palm to take care of keeping this kind of info. One of these days I'll blog straight off my phone. Really all it would have taken is saving a shortcut or a quick jotting in my motes.

Yard

The yard is a bit ratty. I mowed in the dark Monday night. I haven't seen it in the daylight yet. I'm avoiding it. Nat needs to get to the weed-beds. The grass is browner in other yards. With the over time and Faire on the weekends, I'm mowing in the dark these days. One handed, because I hold the MagLite with the other. I have to shine it sideways to see the different level of the grass. It has to be a spectacle. I should video it and put it on YouTube. It should be interesting to weed eat in the dark.

Landscaping just isn't going to be that high a priority right now. There are an endless number of other things that out rank it. We need a new hose before we can weed-and-feed. The old one got run over, first by a car, then by a mower.

Sad

I heard a statistic on Sky News podcast. Many children in the UK think that being a victim of violence or a violent crime is just part of growing up. I've thought this way myself many times. It is still wrong. I've had guns pulled on me. I've had things stolen. I still consider the exception rather than the rule.

Today

Today is National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work Day. Who knew?

No comments: