It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-27

I did the math
I really hate it when I figure out that I'm as stupid as I always think I am. Remember the big job change I've blogged about? Well I just sat down and did the math. I'm going to bring home less money than I was in the old job. It will end up just being a lateral move.
It is a good move. It is doing something I like better than where I am now. It s with a far more motivated group of folks. It is a place where I can glimpse advancement. I'll save the money that I spend on my crappy insurance. I will contribute to the 401-K. I will have better deductions this year. All in all, it is a wash except I think I'm going to bring home a bit less per month. Considering every single one of my expenses went up since last year, I'm screwed.
Oh, well. I would still make the same decision.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I like what I do for a living, and it's been a great career move. However, if I could do what my passion is and make slightly less money, I'd do it in a heartbeat! :)