It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-11

Damn It
Hey Cynthia, I feel your pain. I typed up some entries for the blog on a break at work today. When I got home the file attached to the email was empty. Humph. I hate computers. It was just some rant about work.

Rant
There is a reason I'm not the one in charge. I have conservative views. There are times I want to hose the whole planet except for those parts of it that serve us. Then, I realize how evil that is and I tone it down a bit..There are times when I want to solve the problem. There is no solution to most of the worlds problems. I still say that the world would be better if all the people just dropped dead. Is that depressing or what? That qualifies as world peace. Right?

Bald
I've cut my hair pretty short in the past couple of months, but I just took it to grade. I laid a razer to my scalp for the first time. I always worried that I had a pointy head. It doesn't look that bad. It doesn't feel funny really. That might just be the razer burn though. The razer burn does look pretty bad. I figured there would be first time troubles. I'm worried I'll get those little bumps from ingrown hairs. I'm sure I'll complain about it in due time. I looked at myself in the mirror and I thought "I feel so . . . so . . . clean."
Now, I just need to drop about two inches around the middle.

Gmail
This is freaking me out.I've only had one bite on my Gmail offer. I thought people I knew would jump at the chance for a Gmail account. Perhaps I underestimate the coolness of Gmail. Perhaps I overestimate the geekyness of my friends. Eh.

Accenture
I remember griping that Accenture got the contract for the Homeland Security border tracking thing recently. I was upset because I had worked with Accenture in a lose manor and I was not impressed. Congress has a problem with the choice because Accenture uses a foreign flag to hide behind to avoid taxes. Some one has to do it. I have not made up my mind whether or not I should be afraid of the government holding all the information about me. There are stories about how people get their information messed up by the U. S. Government every day. It looks like things are going the biometric path. It looks like it will all happen in my life time. I've seen the movies. I know the fears. Face recognition does not work. Ires scans can be fooled. People with disabilities are not always considered. I start to feel helpless when I think of the subject.
My vision of the future is not bleak. I do not think we face Brazil, or The Jetsons, or Futurama (thought I think Futurama is the closest believe it or not). I think we will live in a future just like today, only with more contraptions and diseases with new names. I'm far too tired to continue. I need to write my resume tomorrow..

No comments: