It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-08-12

Lunch Conversation

Adam, you missed a doozy.

Whatawalk. That is our walk to Whataburger on Wednesdays. It requires a trek across several parking lots and an open field. Two street crossings and dodging cars in a drive through are in there somewhere as well. Today was really busy, but man, Whataburger was on the spot. They took 35 orders (not just us) and had our food out in no time. The line for cars at the windows was a mile long as well.

I don’t normally tag along, but I did today. I felt like a sandwich and I felt like a walk. I’m sick of McDonald’s, which is much closer than Whataburger. There is a dedicated group that heads over there on Wednesdays. I like the conversations. This is a mostly younger and extremely intelligent crowd. Here is a paraphrase of our multiple conversations.

Video
Do you think 4K TVs will take off?
No, I think 4K VR will take off.
No, 16K VR will take off. There are 4K 360 videos on the net already. Ride in a racecar or fighter jet and look around as you please.
Video Games already render that high in some cases.
Do you think people will show up at a Super Bowl party and all put on VR glasses for the game?
I will.

Media
Rick and Morty
Total Recall (old vs new)

Ideas
Possible mind controlled everything coming.
The internet of things talking to one another is cool.

Autonomous vehicles
The number one type of wreck with Google Cars is being rear ended at a light.
I can believe Houston leads in red light deaths.
Why did people have an issue with red light cameras?
I would rather cameras track me than police. Mail me a ticket
Track my phone and send me a ticket that way.
I’d be willing to pay more to drive faster.
How are we going to fund police after we move to autonomous vehicles.
I can’t wait for autonomous vehicles.
Me either. I’m already sick of driving in this city.
Note: Not one mention of being attached to being in control of vehicle.

Me speaking with the fellow old guy in the next table
I pulled my back five days ago. It only hurts when I sit still.

That is how it gets me too. Moving around helps, but sitting still hurts.

No comments: