It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-03-13

Notes

In low Earth orbit something must travel at about 5 km/s to remain in orbit. The Earth falls away from the object at about 4.5 m in 1 second due to the curvature (roundness) of the planet Everything in that orbit falls at the same rate that the Earth is round. That is how things stay in orbit.

I got on the bus this morning noticing that I and about half the bus were sweating from having walked to the bus stop. The other half of the people were bundled up and practically shivering. Welcome to East Texas Winter.

On a related note. I’m coughing my head off. Adam has a tickle in his throat. Someone mentioned noticing the yellow all over his car. Hay Fever season has officially begun. We speculate that the plants know there is not going to be another hard freeze.

Word of the day. gesticulation: a gesture, especially a dramatic one, used instead of speaking or to emphasize one's words.
I heard an anecdote today that someone made someone else get in the back seat because this person’s gesticulation was distracting them from driving properly.

Penn Jillette went to clown college.


Not participating in our government. Hell of a way to lead Mr. President.

The stench of war in our lifetime. I don’t mean one of these piddly bullshit actions. I mean straight up fight or die war. When will they start using the term WWIII?

No comments: