It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-14

Notes:

I listened to a podcast all about the seventies show "Logan's Run". That movie made me think as a kid. It makes me think as an adult. I'm 43. I'm going to start saying hello and good morning by saying "Be useful". Logan gets fucked by a computer. He is not in charge of the computer. It is in charge of him. He does not know how to tell the computer to get fucked. No one does. The computer has a set of rules and orders to enforce them. The computer doesn't care if any human lives or dies. The computer doesn't care if humans suffer. The computer has an off switch somewhere. Find it. Work it. Live!

I took my first 20 minute look at Rails today. It took me 3 hours. Ever started a big project and wished the same first 200 or so steps that are pretty close the same thing every time were already done? Ever tried to copy an existing project and at some point thought it would have been easier to start a new project rather than hunt down every frigging place you have to change something to fit the new project? Well, Rails is what you were looking for if your project is web app.

Have you watched Star Trek, the original series? Half those shows have some kind of god or daemon with the power to wrestle a starship frozen in the orbit of a planet or to toss stars about like jacks. Could you imagine writing those mission reports. No wonder Kerk was a nutter.

No comments: