It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-31

Notes:


ard and roll on (keep moving forward) despite my desire to give up.

Really liking the ability to jump from one machine to another and edit the blog entries. It is nice not worrying about copying files or emailing them to myself every day. The same is true regarding audio and video casts. I use Google reader for those and the same thing happens.

Politicians keep lying. The internet makes it easy to tell who is just plain lying. Voters don’t seem to care. Democracy doesn’t work, but it doesn’t work less than any other method so far.

Twitter really makes me think sometimes. Today it made me think “Why am I still reading stuff on Twitter?”

The term “toxic assets” is coming up when speaking about Spanish banks. I’m beginning to understand that a toxic asset is anything that has more money owed on it than it is worth. That should include my house. They cannot reduce the deficit in Spain. They are having all kinds of issues meeting the bills. It really looks like banks and other investors are simply going to have to write off debt for Spain. Maybe banks and other investors should be more careful about who they loan money to in the future.

Apple is shooting themselves in the foot. A big portion of their Apple Store experience is the whole Genus help thing. There is a move afoot to hock extra merchandise on point of sale in the stores. The stores don’t turn a profit, but they do sell a lot of Apple products. This move will change the feel of the Apple Store to more akin to Best Buy. I had five people ask me if I wanted to buy the warranty when buying a laptop a million years ago. That kind of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth for a long time. This was the nineties after all.

No comments: