It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-21

Notes:

2012-08-20

The company had a free lunch to answer some questions with all the new stuff going down at our work. We had Chick Fil-a. The food was awesome. The people who helped setup were great. It was a big hit with the employees as far as I could tell. They had these cookies that were awesome too. I was a wreck after lunch. I had consumed far too many calories. I was logy.

Started using Google Drive. It really works in Windows and Ubuntu? So far, things work with drag and drop. Linux appears to support some command line mounting well. That means, I could mount the files live from the web and edit them on the fly. The trouble with this is I would leave them open when traveling back and forth. That would suck to be hones. I need to come up with a strategy for dealing with these documents. When I write more than a few paragraphs, I by far prefer a true word processor like LibreOffice Write. Who doesn't?

2012-08-21

Many newspapers are cutting their days of print back ad just printing on high profit days. Some papers are just eliminating offline production all together. Once they do this, they are just another web page. What about the 20% of people in the U. S. who don't have internet access? Well, they are the new class of the left out. At some point I envision a right to online because all government pages and such will be online. People have to pay for water and electricity service. Somehow, I feel the information age will lead to free connectivity and paying for everything you do online.

I listened to a guy talk about the war in Syria. He spoke of atrocities committed by both sides. There is no right and wrong in war. There is winning and loosing. A guy called in saying his Christian family had been ordered out of a town in Syria. It seems like he was cut off before he completed his statement. Frigging NPR.

In the U. K., they want to make bank account numbers as movable as mobile phone numbers. How cool would that be? You could change banks and not even have to contact anyone you have automatic payments or deposits with. This would make it one step closer to people having some super magic number that everything is based on. This is where we are headed. What is your human number? Isn't that the mark of the beast?

No comments: