It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-08

Lunch conversation

I had PB&J with Skippy peanut butter. It is important to note the brand name because I skipped down the hall saying "Sssskipyyyy" like an extra in Beatlejuice just before getting to the lunch room. My beloved wife had bought some good for you healthy peanut butter that was difficult to work with with plastic implements. The Skippy was perfect. It was the creamy kind and lived up to it's name. It brought back thoughts from my childhood. "I hate peanut butter!" I've since grown in the eatable Spackle.

We spoke of movies mostly today. There was some movie by the same guy who did Signs. In this movie there was a guy who only worked out one arm. This kicked off another discussion of people who only use one arm for things.

I knew a kid in middle school who was in a car wreck. The couple years I knew him, one of his arms was strong and the other was flimsy because it needed all kinds of physical therapy.

We spoke of movies that creeped us out at various ages. One guy it was Freddy. One girl it was The Exorcist. For me it was Alien. That was the first real scary movie I saw. My father covered my eyes from the row behind me at one spot, where the robot gets his head knocked off. I didn't catch that scene for almost a decade.

No comments: