It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-01-26

Notes:

2012-01-25

Why can I not type in a date without errors? I have to type the year, back up, retype the correct year. Type the month, back up and type the correct month. Type the day, back up and type the correct day. It must be because I don't think of the date in form of numbers. I think if it in form of words. I have to translate the day to numbers every time.

In my universe, instant travel over great distances is not only possible, but mandatory.

Babylon 5 was a good show. It was a novel for TV. I wish I could get them all now. I cannot bring myself to watch it.

There is a movement on in parts of Europe to somehow account for huge executive payouts and base pay. The trouble is, no one wants to pay below average for a CEO. Boards look at averages across their industry and decide to pay the average for a CEO or higher. Thus, the averages keep going up. Shareholders could always vote to limit pay. They don't want to hurt the company making money. It sounds like the government is just trying to shut up poor people without loosing their jobs. The government people keep saying things like "pay linked to performance" and the like when the government people do not have any link between pay and performance.

"Get your skates on" is a British term for hurrying up.

I want a constitutional amendment that says something like "No one who makes 10 times the national median income can run for or hold public office." There would have to be some sort of method for calculating said income.

Liberalism. Tell me this is not bias. There is no entry anywhere for illconservatism. As a matter of fact, searching for the latter term switches to "conservatism mental illness". BIAS!!! It does crack me up that people want to think that people who disagree with them are sick. I mean, God forbid someone thinks differently than you and is still "normal".

Lunch conversation today consisted of the weather and a bunch of crap I cannot talk about here.

I have never gotten drunk trying to get over something. I hear so many stories about people drinking alone to get over some hurt. I've hurt. I didn't drink to get past it. I don't understand getting past something with drink. I've made it this far. I hope I never turn to the bottle for solos. It doesn't work. It nerve works.

Fiction podcast heard today "The future is stupid. You don't want to go there." I like it.

I want a lawyer and a PI to call my own. If only I had money and could afford to have a staff of researchers and perhaps some contract thugs. Driver, I would need a wheel man. A maid and a personal assistant would be nice too.

One of the podcasts I listen to had a story set in 1984. They mentioned the top songs. It was nostalgic for me. I was fifteen. I remember sitting at home in the middle of summer watching cable TV in the morning waiting for the pool to open. I was not in to music or reading or TV per say. TV was all there was. Remember, there was no internet.

Today was quiet. I had time to catch up on some back log. Been a while since that has happened. Felt good if I'm honest. Still had a full plate, just not so much stress.

2012-01-26

Taking down a web page is like tarring a poster off a wall. It is just not a big fancy attack to be honest. It sucks for the people who are dealing with the web site. It is not hacking.

Tourism has dropped by 50% in Egypt. Considering the place is on high alert and there is a loud, but so far nearly bloodless coops going on, I'm surprised that number is not much lower.

Someone came out with a silent film. Some people are asking for their money back. The art freaks love it. Normal people roll their eyes. Everyone else snorts and thinks to themselves that the entertainment industry is in genuine trouble.

I am not even worried about commercials much any more. It has gotten to the point that I don't remember what I just heard. Even when I stop and think about it during the commercial, I don't remember three minutes later when I think about it again. I can't tell you what the commercial was about unless it upset me. Either, my advertisement blindness has evolved, or I'm really loosing my faculties. I must remember that this is going on at the tender age of early forties.

"Sometimes assholes need to be shot." Quote from a fictional podcasts. It was a military speech.

It is funny how the muse comes and goes. I get ideas when everything else is going on. If I don't at least write down a note to myself, the idea and motivation may not hit me again.

No comments: