It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-01-19

Notes:

The Yahoo CEO resigned. Ya-who? Why did he exactly quit? Something about turning down an offer from Microsoft for forty billion dollars back in the day. It was bullshit when it was made. Yahoo kind of missed the boat. They didn't catch the social media wave really. The are still all about being portal with a couple bits bolted on for people to get hold of one another.

I'm getting sick of some of the fiction that is coming across the fiction podcasts. It is getting to the point that I've heard most of the plots. It is also getting to the point where I am jaded by the people who do a good job.

I had a goofy dream last night. I lost the battery that goes in my flashlight. It was like going on a quest in DnD or a video game. Everywhere I stopped to ask people if they had seen it made the adventure more complex. I woke up at 02:30, hit the head and got a glass of water. Nat was up. I should have mentioned my dream, but I forgot about it until later this morning.

"Shut up Watson! Liste to this." ... "Don't interupt Watson."

Sherlock and Mycroft. The Holmes brothers. I learned this today.

The difference between being sorted and rogered. In some cases when a Brit says "being sorted" or "getting sorted" They mean someone have sex. Many times "sorted" means having good sex. However, "being rogered" means one thing and one thing only. The term "rogered" means good sex or rough sex. Many times, it means being dominated and taken.

Tried building Kdenlive from source with the script I found on the forums. It worked with some minor modifications. I do, however, still get the same error. Back to the drawing board. ... Well, found a fix for that error and it looks much more promising now. Will try a full video shortly on the desktop at the house.

Another one bites the dust. Perry is dropping out. I never liked Perry. The only thing he did that I respect was shooting a wolf with his lawful carry. I have no idea who will take the flag. That is, who will win the election. I don't care who wins the nomination. That just doesn't matter. All these folks are political players. They all just feel like big business, big money, big power pons. No one sticks out as anything else. Democrats and Republicans feel the same.

NTFS quick format skips the bad sector scan step. Good to know.

Messed with VMWare ESXI server today. What we wanted to get done kind of blew up in my face, but it was interesting. I hope to learn more about the OS in the near future. We had physical drive errors holding us back.

One of the shows I listen to via online radio, The Shadow Knows, had a show with the following plot. A bunch of bad guys rig light bulbs to blow. People get scared of turning on their lights. The crooks can over run the city and steal the city blind. Crazy stuff. Sounds like something from an Underdog cartoon.

We have a huge black and silver server in our server room that no one knows about. It has been turned off for a while now. It has an older OS that we wouldn't have put on a system in over two years. I wonder if it is simply a DB server that no one got working. We desperately want to know what it was for. Oh, and to repurpose it. There are a couple other devices floating around with the "fuck if I know" handle attached to them.

Video ideas

  • Linux rebooting and pointing to a USB key
  • Useful tattoos
  • Phone rebooting
  • Making Kdenlive work (done)
  • /user/sbin, why?

No comments: