It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-01-04

Notes:

Does fracking cause earthquakes? It is apparently cheap and effective. Some people are very much against it. France bans it for the time being. France uses a huge amount of nuclear for energy. That money is knocking.

Someone in California is suing over the 50 miles per gallon claim of a Honda Civic. It is about frigging time. There needs to be a hard standard on which to base comparisons. The federal standards are based on complete bullshit. When the government says 54 MPG, but in reality, it is more like 33 MPG. The idea is to not stomp on the gas or break. Drive like a grandmother and you will save gas. make a car that drives like a grandmother for people and you save gas.

I've found myself abandoning some lame Twitter feeds. It gets to the point you just don't care what someone has to say any more. One of the Vloggers only Tweeted when he had a new video. This is how I treat Tumblr. I don't have any followers on Tumblr.

Did you know this is an odd number week year? I do, now. This bit us in the but because we pay every other week with some employees. We will have to switch back next year.

There is a new conspiracy theory that says the world really screwed up by having all those nuclear tests in the 1950s and 60s. Some say it has caused a permanent mutation level blip in all genomes across the world. Below ground tests tend to be more contained.

Several podcasts had Christmas specials. I didn't listen to them until the first week of the new year. They all just got blown away. I tis depressing to linger on Christmas. We have still not taken down the tree at home, but work hasn't taken down the tree either.

The new camera works. I really like not having to worry about the ten minute crap of my other HD camera. The quality is lower. I have to run "normalize" on all the audio. I don't care. I may just start using it for the vlogging because I don't have to make multiple clips to get the job done. Just go and cut. Need wider angle, of course. I'm never satisfied to be honest.

The Commodore 64 is thirty years old. Judged from the introduction date, not ship date. I had three. They died from power surges.

China is digging tunnels for everything. They have thousands of miles of tunnels to hide nuclear missiles. They have dual use missiles for nukes and conventional warheads. The commentator didn't get the idea of dual use missiles. He kept saying if someone gets attacked we would have to retaliate with nukes. But, the expert tried to explain that they could be either nuke or conventional which means the Chinese have more options in intercontinental warfare than we do. The treaties between the U. S. and Russia don't really apply anymore if China is not going to sign in.

No comments: