It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-11-08

Andy Rooney

I hate to admit it, but I liked Andy Roony. "Ever notice ...?" I rarely watched him if I'm honest. Well, I rarely went out of my way to watch his work. He always seemed a bit whiny to me. He had some interesting points and he had some stupid ones. I did grow up listening to him complain and ponder the odd things that turn up in our daily lives.

Andy should go down as the first vlogger. That is what I think of when going back over the way he put out short videos on odds and ends of the world.

Someone said he got $400,000 a year from the company he worked for. So many people said his contribution was just not worth the money he made. I think it was. He had quite the following.

He ripped on Cobain and Cobain's suicide. I think Cobain had it coming. He said young people would shit themselves if they had anything real to complain about like a war or a depression. We have both now.

Someone suggested he trim his eyebrows. He wore the cloths. He let them put makeup on him. He drew the line at buzzing his eyebrows. Got to draw the line somewhere.

RIP Andy. Save up a few of those stories from the other side for me.

No comments: