It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-26

Working Parents

A couple of the moms here are work were having a chat in the hall, near the coffee machine this morning. They were reminiscing about kids. They were talking about husbands having different schedules than they have. They both had Husbands change jobs or at least schedules recently.

They spoke of scheduling conflicts. How one of their husbands get off at 15:00. Our work is very kid unfriendly. Not just this place, but the demands made on the employees make our lives extremely difficult when it comes to a family.

"I've asked [the boss] about putting in a kid's room up here." One of the moms said.

No one is going to hold their breaths on that one.

"I thought I would be the stay at home mom." One mom said. This didn't work out. She mentioned having to let that thought go to survive.

I feel for these two women. However, I don't feel that much for them. They made their choices. If they want a more favorable work life, it is out there. They have to get away from this company. This company is not parent friendly. This company is not alone. I've been at a company that was much more parent friendly. The mentality of this company will simply not allow it.

No comments: