It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-06

TV

TV viewing is up. Why? I don't remember the last time I sat down to watch a TV show. I might play one in the background while doing something else on the computer. You know things are bad when one of the big TV execs says TV is entering a new "golden age." This means TV is doomed.

All the media companies are trying to figure out a way to get me to sign on for a monthly fee to access the same thing I can get one every other service for less money, maybe even for free. The act of sitting down at a specific time to watch something is dead. Even the TV companies are starting to figure this out. Time shifted viewing is the norm, regardless of method.

In many cases people have given up watching a TV series to play an engrossing long term video game. How many people stopped watching how many hours a week of TV to play WOW alone? How many say they are watching TV while they are really playing a MMORPG?

People used to n

No comments: