It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-06

Notes:

There is a car insurance company that (Notice I didn't say who. A car insurance company is a what, not a who.) I have to give props to for at least trying to make creative commercials. I've even one of them on this blog. I'm fed up of giving them free advertisement. Nat and I do not use their services. Still, like the attempt at creativity.

I listened to a ghost story from PodCastle. Loved it. I'm not much for ghost stories. This one was just plane good.

Learning about SSL certificates. Yikes, they cost a lot more than I thought. I didn't notice any discounts for non-commercial certs either.

www.freakonomicsradio.com There is a Freakonomics podcast coming. Awesome. I loved the book, but I fear that the podcast will not have the same punch. When it is up and running, I'll most likely give it a shot if I remember.

New Zealand counts 50% of their carbon footprint from livestock. They are all up in arms about finding a vaccine that will get the cattle and other creatures from producing quite so much methane.

I haven't made a long blog entry in quite some time. I just don't have the will. I'm on a new kick of having the attitude that I am not tired. The word tired has a negative connotation. When I say I'm tired, I'm saying I'm unwilling or unable to do something. That is bad. I can be sleepy. I can be worn out. I refuse to be tired. I also wonder how long this will last. From now on 'tired' is a dirty word.

The geek world is a buzz over the Apple TV. Well, the trouble is, only the reviewers are jumping. Developers and consumers are just past jumping on the latest new thing. Who the hell can afford it? There is just too much going on to get all excited for some new Apple product. It is a TV for goodness sake. Yes, it does some cool stuff. Who the hell watches TV any more?

I used a 3.5 floppy today. I feel dirty. I had to track down the 3.5 USB floppy drive and a blank disk to boot from and flash a shitty motherboard. All the major manufacturers have USB or at least CD bootable systems. Not these guys. It is definitely retro walking around the office with a floppy and drive (even if USB) in my hand.

No comments: