It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-06

Gold vs Canned Food and Shotguns

They are talking about a "Gold Bubble" out there in podcast land. The people hocking gold are distinctly not talking about the gold bubble.

Alix Jones (correction, Alix mentioned "Gold Bubble" recently. I just caught up to the podcast.) and GGL are notably silent. Some other folks though, are mentioning the old heavy yellow rocks just might go poof. It might get cheap enough to put it in teeth for goodness sake. Not sure I buy it. I don't buy gold either. I cannot afford the 1 gram sliver that you can buy in some vending machines around the world.

Some say people are buying gold by the ton. There are stories of gold vending machines in Texas. I heard a while back that gold vending machines were in airports in the middle east. Why not Texas?

I hate to say it, but gold is only valuable because people say it is. The material has some pretty cool properties. The biggest of which is that it does not tarnish, even over time. The same is true of diamonds, platinum, name your raw material. I would get more use out of a $1300 pile of manure than a $1300 oz of gold. At least the manure could help the grass grow.

If it indeed boils down to it, take a survival class for $1300. Learn to plant care for a food garden for $1300. Figure out a skill that will be useful after the crash and spend $1300 pursuing it.

Hell, fire building may come back in to fashion. There is a guy I have subscribed to on YouTube who makes three videos a week on lighting a fire in different ways with different equipment. It is very educational. He is not a pyromaniac, he just likes making it work many different ways. He is doing a lot better job at it than I.

Gold just doesn't seem to be the way to go for life or death kind of survival. Someone please explain it to me.

No comments: