It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-24

Getting Dark

2010-10-21

Just last night I mentioned that it was getting dark earlier every day on Twitter. It is one of those things that you notice all at once even though it took a while to happen. It was dark this morning on the way in to the bus stop. The sun was just coming up as I walked from the bus to work. The clouds were glowing with that purple read of pollution. The air was humid, but not too hot. All the grass is dying. These thing signal the oncoming of winter. Nothing new.

I feel the same darkness coming for our country. The U. S. has been in charge for over a hundred years. I fear that I will live to find myself in this glorious nation during a very dark time. Worse, I fear we as a people of a nation will simply let all the bad people have what they want.

The darkest times are always ahead. We are people, not animals. We are people, not machines. I get the distinct feeling that I am being corralled in my own home and country. There is nowhere to go. There is no good place for refuge. There is no escape. This means we have to make our situation the best we can. We have to find ourselves in a good situation when the situation is found to be bad.

What preparations to make? Who is a good person to have in your corner when things get bad? Why bother? The only plans that I have rely on society existing in a stat that allows me to survive. That is, I need a store down the street to keep it's shelves stocked. I need a bank to exist to allow me to make payments. There is just not enough to go round if these things break down.

Nat and I ran out of money this month. We have nothing left over. We have to put gas and groceries on the credit card for the rest of the month. Everything keeps getting put off to "next month". There is no next month. We will be just as broke then as now, if not even deeper in dept. We grew up in the eighties. No one prepared us for this. We had a choice of collage and jobs. The shit was never supposed to hit the fan.

What I'm trying to say her is that the bad guys win. I am broken. I have failed to keep myself in a state where I can survive the bad times. There is no backup. There is no plan A much less plan B. When bad things happen, we will simply fall like so many millions of masses. It just might kill us. At least I had a chance to make it better. At least I had a chance to be a better person a better survivor a better planner and a better man. Dark times are here. Look around. Funny how it snuck up on us.

On a lighter note, I stopped listening to political podcasts today. I don't know how long this will last. I figure I'll start again after the election. This is an election I have no intention of voting in. My vote means nothing. They are all crooks. The destiny of our planet has been decided long ago. I have lost all faith in all political systems. I have faith in God. I vote for God.

No comments: