It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-30

Frigging commercials

Who are they targeting? Ford has a new ad about a car that touts using the GPS to find the best fuel economy to your destination. This is not a bad ting. This is a bad way to advertise your vehicle in my opinion. They should sell the car based on what you can do with it, not what you can avoid doing with it. Tell people who they can have fun in the car. Tell people how they can take car of their families in the car. Point out the positive things that buying your car will buy the people who get one.

I would like to know how effective advertisements are on me. How well does the advertiser's message get through to me? What products have I been exposed to via what kind of advertisement and hen followed through to purchasing that or a related product? I feel like a victim when I stop and think about how I may have made purchase decisions based on what an advertisement. It makes me feel like I have been taken advantage of. This is not rational, but true.

No comments: