It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-30

Ads

YouTube allows it's members, people who post videos, to put up ads and make money on their effort. This works out well for most folks. I'm getting very tired of the same seven or eight commercials. I'm not going in to them because I just don't want to talk about them. I'm that tired of them.

I've thought of attempting to monetize my videos. However, I can't fathom putting up the same commercials as every one else. I don't even get some of the commercials. I'm just not in touch I suppose. That is a normal state for me. What does it take to make money at this sort of thing? Surely, I do not have enough hits to matter one way or the other. I earned a whopping $1.25 in two years on the blog. The videos must be about the same ratio of more effort to click the monetize button than it is worth.

I have no moral objection with monetizing online content as long as it dose not get in the way of the content. Rolling ads, commercials that play before the video, get in the way in my book. Ads that pop up across the bottom of the video only get in the way if something is being said in that area in the video. As long as you can close those ads and get to the content, I'm OK with tat too. Ads that run along side or below the video are fine as long as they are quiet and don't distract me from the content.

No comments: