It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-29

Very Local News

  • Faire is coming up soon. We are very broke. I have to spend every dime on bills. Blah blah blah. I bet Faire is a bit light this year from so many people being in the same boat.
  • Apple Bee's said they need to straighten up; improve the food, improve the business. They need to improve the food. I remember saying they made the rare accomplishment of being greasy, yet bland.
  • Dow 600 points down before lunch. Classy. I've already lost money over all in my 401-K. Why not wipe me out all together?
  • Whiteboard (dry erase board) shiny surfaces are made from melanin. Melanin is very close to the same chemical as many proteins. On some simple tests, it will look like protein. It is hard and sticky. It gums up your kiddies if you eat it, causing problems sometimes years on. China needs to improve its regulatory system several steps. The children are simply the first stage of this epidemic.
  • Democracy doesn't work.
    • Hitler was a change candidate.
    • Mussolini was a change candidate
    • Caesar was a party line candidate
    • Jesus was elected messiah by a comity in the centuries after his death.
    • Gandhi (as far as I remember) never ran for office anywhere.
    • The Dalai Lama is simply found somehow.
  • I had another bout with bad upgrade remnants left over from upgrading from Fedora 7 to 8 to 9. One of the programs on my machine prevented YUM from upgrading to the latest stuff. Then, when attempting to remove it, there was an error. The argument --noscripts comes to the rescue again. The Fedora folks really need to pay better attention to people who do not do a fresh install every time. No wonder no one ever upgrades.

No comments: