It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-26

Very Local News

  • I've always thought Wamu (Washington Mutual) had a stupid name. They just went broke. I've always hated Chase bank because I thought they were evil about milking their customers for every dime. Chase just bought Wamu. Damn it. it is being called the largest bank failure in U. S. history.
  • I have nothing to say on Twitter. My life is so boring that I have nothing going on. Not even enough to send twenty words to Twitter. I suppose it could be worse. I might have bad news.
  • This weekend is very welcome. I need a weekend. I really hope nothing interferes with this weekend. I hope Nat and I can find something fun and cheap to do for fun. We need it. Should be good weather they say.
  • One of my duties at work is to download the latest versions of operating systems and burn them to CD./DVD. Now we buy computers that do not have either. First the floppy went the way of the Dodo. Now the only two media forms that work are network and USB media. This is a drag in some cases. Such is progress.
  • We ran out of bottled water at work. These are the big Sparkletts brand bottles. It's funny how people people get desperate and start hording. The soda supply (free at work) started dwindling instantly. There was an unofficial announcement when the water supply was stocked. All the headless water coolers re-headed.\
  • It was nice outside this afternoon at lunch. The temp was not too hot. A breeze was blowing. A partly cloudy sky kept the direct sun at bay at just the right level. Nice.

No comments: