It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-03

Very Local News

  • I was listening to NPR. They were interviewing some coaches about kids sports. I've heard the quote before "If it isn't important who wins, why do we keep score?" What kept me from listing to the interview was one of the coaches had mastered condensing the words "You know what I man" to one syllable. I believe English was his first language and I could not understand a frigging word the man said.
  • Two million people evacuated for Gustave. They won't let people go back until Thursday to get a head start on damage control. There are something like five more storms right now lining up to hit the U. S. How many weeks can Louisiana stay closed before it doesn't pay to be open at all?
  • I flossed my teeth last night. I've been trying to floss more often these days. I had trouble last night between two particular teeth. I didn't realize it until this morning that I had cut my fingers trying to evict the frayed tatters of floss still remaining between those teeth. They hurt like paper cuts.
  • Quote heard in the office today. "How could I forget something that stupid?"
  • Teatime today was all about politics. I hate that. I want lighter topics for the 15:00 break. I get plenty of politics from the endless dribble called news.

No comments: