It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-04

The Sun

It is early September. I've noticed the shadows getting longer at mid day when I take my walks at lunch time. The sun rise and sun set have not appeared to move that much. The sun hits me straight in the eye on the bus as we head East down Westheimer in the morning. It does pretty much the same on the ride home in the evening.

A friend told me a story years ago about driving home down the Katy freeway. It was early evening and the sun was straight down the road. That is bad enough, but the road was covered in water from a shower so all the cars were throwing up mist. On top of that, the sun was shining straight in his eye and bouncing off the shiny slick road. The bumper to bumper traffic was flowing rather briskly at about seventy to eighty miles per hour. No one could see anything and every one had a headache from trying to see something.


No comments: