It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-18

Some stuff that happened during Ike

There was a story on the news of I10 I bereave it was being shut down long enough for some high tension wires to be strung across the road.

One side effect of the storm was some camaraderie. There was a pack of kids on bicycles roaming the neighborhood back and forth. It was very reminiscent of my childhood. They played ball in the street. They biked all over the place. They hung out next to a pile of bicycles in someone's front yard. It was really cool to watch.

We had damage to our fence, the back wall of our house and a couple loose shingles. The back wall of the house let some water through to the carpet. I believe it was due to the huge amount of water building up at the back of the house. The fence may be a right off. It is bent and broken and just sort of hanging there. It sucked to begin with.

Our electricity was out and Nat got the great idea of calling the little bar across the street to find out if they had power before we blundered our way home just to find no electricity. Then, she made me call back and ask the same question to make sure we had the right location.

Old Indian wild cherry cough syrup tastes like gasoline and celery.

Yesterday, the power blinked at my parent's place. Elle shook her head and said "Oh, no!!" Elle then led my mother around the house making sure the lights were still on. Elle spent most of the weekend on her new bike. The old bike she had was much too small for her. My parents convinced Elle to leave the old bike at the end of the driveway with a sign that read "Free to a good home. -Elle" or something liike that. Some guys picked it up and were off. Elle was quite upset when she figured out that the bell was still on the old bike.

I dreampt i could fly again. In the dream, I woke and could still fly. Now that's a dream.

No comments: