It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-15

Why I like Faire

And, why I don't like Faire.

Nat took Elle to Faire this weekend. Nat drove up both days to work. She walks in parade for a store. I'll have to track down the web page. Anyway, Nat took Elle through Parade. Now Elle has walked (and been carried) in more Faire parades than I have.

Anyway, Nat asked me why I didn't like to go to Faire if we weren't camping. My answer kind of surprised me. I said that I would love going in to Faire if I had a stack of cash to blow. It is just like any other amusement park. Everything costs money. Camping costs money, but the amount of enjoyment makes up for it. All our friends hang out and get drunk. We shoot the shit and play with the fire. It is fun. I like that part.

It isn't just the $10 camp fee. We typically bring some kind of food when we go camp at Faire. Nat and I can spend $50 pretty quick on a weekend just for food and other perishables for camping. That is not including my $35 flashlight for this year. That is my new toy. It get real use out of it too, so it isn't just for fun.

By the time we walk in the place, I'm done spending money. If they ever take camping away from Faire, I'll stop going all together. Look at Scarborough Faire earlier this year. We got a hotel room and never made it to Faire. That costs us.

Basically, I sat at home and slept most of the weekend. I had already done the yard as best I could. I'll do the something again this week. That is, I'll do all my chores during the week in preponderating for a weekend at camp. I hope to make it back to camp soon.

No comments: