It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-01

Today's Prayers

Programmer's Prayer

Please God,
Help me to inject fewer bugs than I fix,
Fix the bugs I find,
Delegate the bugs I cannot fix,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Doesn't quite roll off the tung. Didn't someone already come up with this?

User's Prayer

Please God,
Help me to get my job done without having to call tech support,
Get someone who speaks English with half a brain when I call tech support,
And the patients to keep my cool for both.

I like that one better.

Boss's Prayer

Please God,
Help me delegate the right stuff to the right people,
Know when someone is pulling the wool over my eyes,
And do it my self only when need be.

That one rings true.

Other Prayers

I can't seem to write a Dragon's prayer without the words "eat virgins" popping up.

A Dog's prayer is all bout sniffing butts.

A Fish's prayer pretty much covers not getting eaten two minutes after you are born.

Cats ... Nothing comes to mind.

No comments: