It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-04

Till the marrow

Faire starts this weekend. Poor Nat has gone crazy trying to get everything ready. I was supposed to help her tomorrow, but I cannot take the day off because of a project at work. I had the vacation day marked on the calendar. The OT will be nice. Well, the extra straight time.

Nat has all the stuff for Friday dinner. Rosen is going to make her fried rice. Normally, people just have to make due on Friday at the camp grounds. No one has time to cook with all the setup.

We got stuff out of the attic last night. Danial came over and dropped off his tent. He is going to fill our cooler up with ice from work. I'll ride with him after work tomorrow to the camp grounds.

Elle was supposed to go out with us,but it is first weekend. First weekend is typically a bit wild because every one is in the mood to party and they are happy to meet friends they have not spoken to in a year. There are always a bunch of new people who don't quite get the idea of friendly camping. Elle would not have enjoyed herself. No one else brings their kids the first weekend. We will ask around. Hopefully we can all agree on a specific kids weekend at Safe Haven.

This year is different that others. It really seems like the camp group that Nat and I hang out with is falling apart. I hope the feeling goes away after getting back out at the camp grounds and having some fun together.

Nat and I are hemorrhaging cash getting ready. This whole Faire thing is expensive. Nat got me a LED MagLite. I have been desperate for over a year. I wanted one last year. The obsession has gotten worse recently. Well, no more. I now own one. It is very bright. I hope it stays that way. For a very long time on every set of batteries.

I'm tired from work. I'm tired from Faire preparations. I'm  Nat is doing all the leg work. She has had to drive all over Houston getting crap ready today. It is a serious drain. There are some cloths that need to be washed. My kilt never got dry cleaned.  Yadda yadda. Such is Faire every year. It's worth it. Right?

No comments: