It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-16

Sinus Solutions

This past Spring I had a really bad virus and a fever. That was the last time I was sick. The first weekend of Faire was awesome. I didn't have any of the sinus headaches or frightening drainage that I normally have at this time of year. I've been a good boy and taken my generic Claritin for the last several months. It seems to have helped.

Last night a front moved through our neck of the woods. I have not had the normal agony of sinus trouble that I normally get with the first blunt cold snap that comes though. I'm the picture of health. I've noticed my ears itching a bit. So far so good.

What is different? I stopped taking decongestants. I still take Claritin. I occasionally take Benadryl at bedtime if I need a kick in the nose. I stopped drinking so much soda. I drink more water.  I have a goatee that basically means I don't trim my nose hair as often. That's about it. Wouldn't it be funny if it is the nose hair thing?

I really hope there is no angle of smacking Kelly when he makes a claim he hasn't gotten sick in a while. I'm not trying to tempt fate. I just want it known that simple clean living seems to work better than medicine when it comes to health. Now, I need to give up sodas all together. I need to drop all forms of sweets. I need to eat a green bit every now and again. I need to get some good exorcise that involves endurance. There is a long way to go.

That, or I'm becoming acclimated to the jungle next door.

No comments: