It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-29

Faire

Where to begin.

Warrant

Friday, about three or so, I get a frantic call from Nat. "I'm getting arrested." I could hear Elle crying in the back seat. A few more frantic calls and $355 later, we are out from under the ticket. Apparently, one of Nat's old roommates used Nat's ID to get out of a ticket. We just got to pay the price. That is not including the time off work.

I really should have gone back after. It turns out I screwed something up at work. If I had gone back, I might have gotten things straightened out.

Nat had taken Elle to a ranch for a field trip out west of Houston. She joked that she was half way to Faire. When we were off paying the warrant, we were in prescient 4 which is half way to Faire. We had to come back to take care of Elle cloths for the weekend with my parents. So, the roommate should pay for gas too.

At Faire

We did make it to Faire thank goodness. We set up and started doing what we are there for. We hung out with our friends. There were burgers Friday night. Usually, every one is on their own Friday night. Most of the other folks had come out Thursday evening to set up.Now, those are the determined folks.

Three people brought wood for the fire. It was raging the whole weekend. Ken wasn't even out until Saturday evening I believe.  We not only went through all that wood, but ended up driving around collecting old pallets to burn. Pine burns hot and quick. No wonder houses go up like match heads.

Behind the Scenes

Saturday evening Nat and I walked to the car for our ride back to camp. I followed Nat out the back gate behind the shop she works. It was interesting to have a look behind the curtain. I think the magic of the experience of Faire is in tact.

Good Bye Nibble

Saturday evening, we were on our way out of Fare to the camp ground. We were pulling the usual bit about how we are going to take off any minute. Then an hour later, we are still standing around bullshitting with friends. Normal stuff.

Midge bit Rezen. Rezen wasn't putting up much of a fuss. As a matter of fact, she was making some rather provocative sounds that turned the normal's heads as they passed heading for the exit.
Well, Midge wasn't done. She was giving hugs as Midge will, and when it came to my turn, she bit me on the neck. Not a playful nibble. She bit me. Not bad. Before I could react, Midge had made her way to Nat and was biting her on the breast. Nat didn't seem to mind until she remembered something and said "Wait, I have to work tomorrow!" You can't have any exposed hickeys.
Where was I?

Monica

I spent some time hanging out with Monica Saturday. The first couple of weekends were stifling hot in the haunted house. I had a hard time standing there and talking with people.

We talked about family and friends. We mostly laughed at the people screaming their guts out in the darkness. They are only a couple of feet away, on the other side of a wall. I told her they should charge people to stand behind her while she works the contraptions and sound effects.
Monica is my mother in law.

Really Scary

I didn't go in Sunday. I wish I had.

Some guy nearly attacked Nat. Thank God she was near some good friends.Big friends. The hook was a paper rose. He gave it to Nat and said "worth the same as a kiss card?" or something like that. When Nat went to give him a nip on the cheek, he was all over her. She got a way and went to the GK shop. The fallowed her. She found Mongo, Michael, and Ron hanging around out front shooting the breeze. These three guys add up to about half a ton, without their wallets or keys.

Scary guy was suddenly gone. Ron walked her to the car. It is good to have friends. It is really good to have really big friends.

Drama

There wasn't that much drama this weekend. Tony had to take off to work out of town. Diz was devastated. Diz is strong and capable. She is also a woman and miss her man. Some tears were shed saying good bye.  That isn't drama. That's love and longing.

Jade got some bad news. He went in a tent and screamed for a couple of minutes. He is working through it. That isn't drama. That is lament.
What was missing were the girls and guys trying to make each other miserable by using words to hurt. I'm sure there was some. Maybe I'm just getting better at tuning it out. It was relaxing.

Trebuchet

There is one reason I like going to Faire. The people there are nuts.

It may take a while for the video to show up.

Doc built this thing out of spare parts laying around. He pulled a real McGiver this time. He plans on retro fitting his daughter's wagon with a slightly smaller version of this.

Aftermath

My face is so sunburned that I can feel the light from the monitor in my cheeks. My right ankle hurts and I had a dehydration headache this afternoon and I had plenty of water to drink. Just enough to let me know I had a great time. I need some time at work to recover from the weekend.

Pictures

No comments: