It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-22

Faire

Girl Drama

The problem is, I can't go in to details. What happens at Faire stays at Faire for the most part. There are details that I have to leave out. Well, there are whole situations I have to leave out. It all boils down to  Let's just say the exhibition  in the camp ground was far more entertaining than anything in Faire.

Sorry for being so vague in this post. I didn't take any pictures this weekend. I've noticed how boring it is in Faire without my camera.

There was some girl drama showed up Saturday night. I'll tell you haw impressed I was with all of it. I had to sop and think if it was Friday or Saturday night. I'm quite blessed with good family and friends. Nat has to explain a lot of it to me. I'm a guy through and through. I miss a bunch of stuff that goes on. My brain is just wired up that way.

The drama circled around a girl. She thought she should be in charge, or maybe, she thought she should get her way. I'm still fuzzy on the details. Let's just say she made a poor play for dominance. The females of the camp have an existing hierarchy. Modern dominance hierarchies among folks trying to survive for a weekend is damned interesting. I should start monitoring what goes on and write a book. There has got to be some money in it.

I'm still waiting for that drama free weekend. A couple years ago we had a lady come in to cam that nearly drove us all over the edge. I'm sure I blogged it already. Every weekend we have something else happen that makes people pissed at each other. She said this. He said that. Half of the songs and movies ever made are on that subject. It is important to existence I suppose. It keeps us from over populating the planet because we have wars and people don't want to bring children in to the mess.

The only reason said drama girl didn't get beat is because people got piled up trying to get out of the tent door all at the same time. Nat has some different reasons.

Real Drama

It just so happens that several cops and cops in training camp near us. Some guys were allegedly selling drugs. The cops on duty gave chase. The cops off duty gave some stand-off backup. (Basically, keep an eye on things so no one tries to do anything stupid while the on duty cops are distracted.) Bad things just kept happening from that point. It wasn't even a full moon.

A friend of ours had his staff stolen. He blows fire. His staff is unique so no one can show up to TRF with it.

After all the real drama started Saturday evening I took a walk up to the road and just listened to people walking by. Every camp site I walked past and every group of people walking by had problems. They were in the middle of being pissy to one another or they were out and out fighting. Every group had some kind of crap going on. That is just not like Faire. Most of the people have a good time.

Then, there were the druggies walking buy screaming obscenities and announcing that they were smoking weed. Some people are going to be dicks no matter what you do.

Drinking

I tried several flavors of loki this weekend. Apricot, chocolate mocha blah blah, cotton candy. There were a couple of others. A bunch of people out there make their loki. We have a selection of home brewers too. Some folks make their own wine and bring it for critique. I also bought a margarita inside. I never do that.

Money

My wonderful, thoughtful parents gave Nat and I $100 for Faire expenses.

  • $10 for Taco Bell on the way to Faire.
  • $30 for tickets (still have one)
  • $10 for camping
  • $12 for food and drinks inside Faire
  • $40 for food on the way home.

I had to barrow two bucks from Nat. Half the money went to food outside Faire. Fast food is called that because paying for it adds up fast. Wait a minute. I missed the King's Nuts. That's another $5.  Not sure what happened there.

Faire would be a lot more fun if I had a grand extra burning a hole in my pocket every week. That is another think I would like a grant in order to study over the long term. Say, fifty years or so. I'll write up the thesis this evening.

Other stuff that happened

  • I helped take down like five tents. More, I watched until an extra pare of hands was needed.
  • Heath stepped in the same hole I've tripped over five times and hurt his ankle. We should bring a frigging shovel.
  • The ants have started stacking the Amdro we put down on first weekend in neat little piles.
  • I didn't quite make a suds party. Neither did any one else. Tony says they were short on Glycerin.

No comments: