It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-09-01

Sticky Drug Dealer

A guy was tar and feathered in an Ireland estate (subdivision) this past week. The people there do not trust the cops because they grew up in a situation where people who want to the cops had nothing but bad things happen. The interviewer asked a couple of times "Who actually did this?" The person answer said "The people who live there." The interviewer called it vigilantism. I can understand being fed up with it. One of the big reasons we left the apartment complex was the drug dealer on the corner. He would wait at the bus stop at three in the morning and hock drugs. That was the same bus stop I would stand at later in the morning.

Let me tell you, I like the idea of deputizing every one who is not a felon in a given area and just walking down the street with pitchforks and torches herding the non-belong element elsewhere. Wrong approach, but tempting non the less. It might take a grassroots effort to win the war on drugs.

Since this is my blog I'm throwing in my two cents. I think the people who bought the drugs should suffer the same fate as the dealers. Idiots don't understand that when they spend money on this crap that money might find itself spent on war, terrorism, more drugs, corrupting law enforcement, any number of things that are just plane bad. This story is in Europe where they citizens are terrified of guns in general. Here some nutter is buying drugs so his friendly (murderous) neighborhood drug dealer can go and buy a better gun.

Worry not, I'm all blog and no bite.

No comments: